Information about children's use of technology
At Pensford we recognise how vital it is for children to develop the skills necessary to make the best use of the incredible technology available to them in today's world. The connections and learning they can engage with via the internet are boundless and present an amazing opportunity to our young people.
We also know, of course, that there are some challenges presented by the fact that our children have access to technology that was unknown to their parents when they were the same age. We want to give parents clear and accurate advice about how best to support their children's use of technology.
Here, for example, is the Chief Medical Officer's advice to parents as released in February 2019 (click to enlarge):
We held an information evening for parents in Term 3 2019 and have uploaded some very useful resources from it for you here:
- Safer Internet - Pensford.pptx
- SID2019 Parents and Carers - Conversation Starters
- SID2019 Parents and Carers - Fun Things To Do
- SID2019 Parents and Carers - Information and Online Resources
- SID2019 Parents and Carers - Internet Safety Plan
- SID2019 Parents and Carers - Quick Activities