At Pensford we feel it is important to make maths real and fun for our children.
We ensure the children know and understand how to use written methods but also how to apply them to different contexts.
Each class has a maths learning wall which supports the children's learning through each unit. The learning wall is a space where the children can identify what they already know, what their next steps might be and what they are working towards.
At Pensford we work hard to make learning as interactive and inspiring as possible. Making the most of all the spaces available including the outdoor spaces.
Areas of the Curriculum:
- Number and place value
- Addition and subtraction
- Multiplication and division
- Fractions (including decimals)
- Geometry (properties of shape / position and direction)
- Statisitcs (from Year 2 onwards)
- Ratio and proportion (Year 6 only)
- Algebra (Year 6 only)